Ethics in Dual Language Assessment:
A Focus on Pediatrics
NOVEMBER 13, 2021
10:00 — 11:00 a.m. (Central) | 11:00 a.m. — Noon (Eastern)
Offered for 0.1 ASHA CEUs
Presented by Casey Taliancich-Klinger, PhD, CCC-SLP, University of Texas Health San Antonio
Sponsored by Texas Organization Multilingual Multicultural Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists (TOMMAS) and Pearson Clinical Assessment
The number of children who speak a non-English language at home continues to grow in the United States. Despite advances in assessment materials and resources, challenges remain in the assessment of pediatric dual language learners. This course provides an overview of assessment methods for dual language learners with an ethics component through focused case studies. The presenter will use evidence presented through research and clinical focus articles to describe best practices in the assessment of dual language learners.
View the learner outcomes, agenda, presenter information, disclosures, and ASHA CEU information.
To register, complete the registration form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, November 12, 2021. You will receive a Zoom invitation to join the webinar.
Note: You must be logged into your Google account to fill out the registration form.
How to fill out the ASHA Participant Form:
- Use the Tab key to navigate through the fields in the PDF.
- The boxes/grid lines will disappear—only white space will be visible.
- Tab through or click in the middle of the lower left bubble/box section for the participant's last name.
- Type in the participant's name then hit the Tab key. The participant's last name and corresponding bubbled letters will then self-populate.
- Enter your ASHA number in next section the same way, then hit the Tab key. If you are unsure of your ASHA account number, check your membership card or contact ASHA at 800-498-2071 so that your CE information can be processed. If you do not yet have an ASHA Account number, leave this section blank.
- Save the document as [Your First and Last Name]ASHAParticipantForm111321.